If you are looking for an exciting career in the automotive industry, we are looking for you. We are currently seeking a talented individual to add to our award winning service staff. This position will require someone that is outgoing, friendly, high energy and a good people person. If you are an energetic, customer oriented person, looking for a service advisor position with unlimited earning potential and great benefits package then please apply.
Our Service Advisor plays an extremely important role in customer satisfaction and the overall continued success of Eich Motor Company. Duties include greeting the customers at their vehicle, determining the customers’ needs, writing repair orders, selling additional work that is recommended by the service technicians, closing out the repair order and explaining all the work that was performed to the customer.
- Schedule service appointments. Obtain customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
- Greet customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtain vehicle information.
- Writes up customer’s vehicle problems accurately and clearly on repair order.
- Test drives the vehicle with customer, as needed, to confirm the problem or refer to test technician.
- Performs a vehicle walk-around with customer whenever possible to note the condition of the vehicle and also to up sell needed repairs.
- Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service.
- Advises customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts.
- Establishes “promised time”. Checks with dispatcher, if necessary.
- Obtains customer’s signature on repair order; provides customer with a copy.
- Assists customers with a service loaner when appropriate, and has customer sign rental/loaner agreement. Before giving out the loaner, the advisor checks the condition of the loaner, the mileage and the fuel level.
- Establishes customer’s method of payment. Obtains credit approval, if necessary.
- Notifies dispatcher of incoming work.
- Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customer regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriate. Verifies that all check sheets and diagnostic printouts are attached to the repair order.
- Ensures that vehicles are parked in assigned areas. Makes sure they are locked and all keys are marked and put away correctly.
- Explains completed work and all charges to customer.
- Implements a quality control process to eliminate comebacks.
- Follows our CSI and constantly strives for complete customer satisfaction and a high dealership CSI.
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
- Maintains a professional appearance in accordance with the company dress code.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Assist with snow removal throughout the winter.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Full-time position and the ability to work extended hours, evenings and Saturdays.
Previous Automotive Service Advisor experience preferred.
Must be self-motivated, professional, ethical and respectful.
Must excel in interpersonal communication, be organized and possess time management skills.
Must have superior skills in listening, speaking and writing.
Strong basic math skills.
Must take required courses to maintain yearly manufacturer certification.
Proficiency in basic computer skills.
Current, valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record is required.
High school diploma or the equivalent is required, and a college degree is preferred.